This delicious butternut squash chocolate cake is made with no dairy or eggs, is full of flavor and the perfect dessert for the chocolate lovers.
Ingredients for the cake:
- 1 cup oat flour
- ½ cup almond flour
- 2 servings of the Oasis of Hope Protein Powder “plain flavor” (4 scoops)
- ¾ cup cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp pink Himalayan salt
- ½ cup boiled and mashed butternut squash (you can also use sweet potato or pumpkin)
- 1 ½ cup almond milk (or any non-dairy milk)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup almond butter
- 1 cup classic Monk Fruit (we used Lakanto®)
Ingredients for the frosting:
- ¾ cup boiled and mashed butternut squash (you can also use sweet potato or pumpkin)
- ¼ cup Lily’s chocolate chips 55% cacao stevia sweetened
- 4 tbsp classic Monk Fruit (we used Lakanto®)
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
Instructions for the cake:
- Preheat the oven to 180˚ C (355˚ F).
- In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- In a separate bowl combine all the wet ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ones, folding well until there are no dry ingredients left. It should be thick.
- Transfer the cake batter to a pan (grease the pan and sprinkle cacao powder for a nice deep brown color before adding the cake batter into it).
- Bake for about 55-60 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool down completely before applying the frosting.
Instructions for the frosting:
- Mix in a bowl that fits over a pot all the frosting ingredients (adding the coconut oil at the end). Pour a few inches of water into the pot, fit the bowl over the pot, heat the water to a simmer, turn off the heat, stir until well combined. It must be smooth and bright frosting.