Our raw key lime pie is a creamy no-bake dessert full of healthy ingredients, even picky eaters love this easy recipe.
For the crust:
- 2 cups nuts (you can use, pecans, almonds, walnuts, pistachios, etc.)
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- Add all ingredients in the food processor and process the crust until the mixture comes together.
- Empty into a cake pan (removable bottom is best type to use) and press down until the crust is firmly in place.
- Put in the freezer until the filling is ready
For the filling:
- 2 cups unsalted cashews (soaked for at least 2 hours or overnight)
- 1 large avocado
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil (melted)
- 4 pitted dates
- 4 limes (grate the zest of 3 of the limes and juice all 4)
- 2 cups of almond/coconut milk
- 1 tbsp monk fruit or stevia
- Pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend until all the ingredients have broken down, combined and is of a smooth and creamy texture.This may take about 5 minutes so be patient.
- Add the filling into the crust and put back into the freezer for 60 minutes to become firm.